Wednesday 1 November 2017

Picture Hooks

So rewinding back to September, I submitted 3 illustrations to Picture Hooks (a non-profit organization that arranges events for aspiring picture book illustrators) in exchange to meet some industry professionals within the picture book field who will then give portfolio advice; only 10 could be selected.


I was very fortunate to have been chosen! Feeling very lucky as I found out 150 people applied for this particular event. It took place on the 26th of October 2017, in the beautiful city of Edinburgh, National Gallery of Scotland. 

I had my work and sketchbooks looked at by art directors, publishers and agents from Macmillan Children's Books, Two Hoots, Hodder, just to name a few. I received mixed reviews about my work, which I didn't mind (it's all part of the process), but took the feedback on board. Hopefully my work will just grow from here!








No comments:

Post a Comment