Tuesday 28 November 2017

Getting There...





So lately I have been piling up and collecting a few vintage children's books. And with that I've really come to admire and appreciate illustrations in older books- there's just this quality about them that I love- the limited colour palettes and just that overall classic feel (not to mention that vintage smell...strange, I know!)

Back to the point of this blog post; I'm just enjoying experimenting with more traditional mediums at the moment and trying not to illustrate much with my Wacom tablet. 

Above I created an artist study, using and referencing a 1963 illustration by Pelagie Doane. I didn't try to recreate her piece accurately, but instead added my own twist and injected vibrant colour to my homage painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment